Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Introducing Avril Watson


Avril loves to craft in the bottom of the garden at her home in Edinburgh. She has been a passionate crafter since a little girl when she was taught to crochet by her neighbour at the age of six. Her main love has always remained crochet and whilst ill in hospital when her children were born she made every newborn a handmade crochet blanket for their cot!

She began card making in 2005 after creating a card for her Grandson's first day at school. She found QVC and Dawn Bibby and the rest is history.

 Avril is also on the DTs for two other challenge blogs - Sophisicat Challenges and Tuesday Taggers.

Avril recently joined the world of blog-land and you can find some of her work on her blog.

3 comments:

  1. well look at that! i too made my son's blanket when he was born - crocheting it! i knew i liked you for a reason - LOL.

    you definitely deserve the spotlight!

    my computer is still down - ugh.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Avril, I love to crochet too and though card making takes up most of my time, I'm always picking up that crochet hook to make an afghan. You learned much earlier than I---lucky girl you! I'm so happy you're here - I know your creations will rock our worlds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well girls there was ball of peach wool in it for me, once I got my first square done....LOL....and would not give up until that Peach Wool was mine......thanks for your good wishes, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete